Saturday, April 29

Lucifer's Songs Part 1: "The Star's Shining"

"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High"
- Isaiah 14:14

I'm a Star
like no other,
Son of dawn,
a Lightbearer:
My soul lights
skies with torches,
my fires will soar like comets.

I'm the Star
that brings the Sun,
King of yore,
the Golden One:
My treasure
is my greatness,
my blinding beam my highness.

I'm Your Star,
Your puissance,
the one light
that guides You;
the power
behind Your Throne.
You shine as You reflect me.

I'm one Star
you truly need
to show you
your way Up High.
Together
we will set Thames
and all other worlds on fire.

-------------
Author's Note:
Every stanza is a whitney, a form created by Betty Ann Whitney, seven lines of the syllabic pattern 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 7.

No comments: